Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losing a friend...how to cope?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sasha23
Basic
Basic
Sasha23

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Losing a friend...how to cope? Empty
PostSubject: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 11:27 pm

I think that I may be losing a good friend of mine. She's in tennis which meets everyday after school. She also has made tons of new friends lately, which means less time to talk to her. The only time that I can talk to her is in study hall and we can't talk in study hall. And getting together outside of school is hard to do because we all have different schudules. What should I do? Pull the plug? Or work to save it?
Back to top Go down
Lily
Founder
Founder
Lily

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 5:55 pm

Either way. For now, look for some other people to hang out with. Branch out. If her busy schedule pans out in the winter (when tennis is over) maybe you will be able to rekindle the flame then...give it the one last final "hurrah" you could say.
Back to top Go down
https://girlsworld.forummotion.com
Sasha23
Basic
Basic
Sasha23

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 8:49 pm

Thanks, Lily. I'm going to try to save it.
Back to top Go down
*Rose*
Basic
Basic
*Rose*

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 9:24 pm

Sasha23 wrote:
I think that I may be losing a good friend of mine. She's in tennis which meets everyday after school. She also has made tons of new friends lately, which means less time to talk to her. The only time that I can talk to her is in study hall and we can't talk in study hall. And getting together outside of school is hard to do because we all have different schudules. What should I do? Pull the plug? Or work to save it?

I would say try to meet new people. eventually she will come back she is just trying to branch off a little. I'm pretty sure you wont lose her completly. A few years ago my best friend entered highschool. She is 2 years older than me and we have been best friends since i was 3 and she was 5. Either way she entered high school and we grew apart. For 3 months we completly stopped talking .. then she called me and said "Woah! Rose we havnt talked in forever, Wanna hang out?" And I noticed she hardly even knew she was branching off. Ever since then we are still best friends and that was 2 years ago... either way I'm sure you 2 will get through it.. its not to often 2 good friends just break apart for no reason. I hope it works out for you.

P.S- Sorry that advice wasnt to good.

*Rose*
Back to top Go down
Lily
Founder
Founder
Lily

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 10:06 pm

Really, we all do just get busy sometimes. I don't think she is trying to stray from you, just getting caught up in her sport and the friends she has with that. Give it time...when that is over...you will be friends once again. Busy schedules sure do put a damper on friendships.
Back to top Go down
https://girlsworld.forummotion.com
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/4/2008, 2:43 pm

Try and save it! It's good she's branching out, and you should too! In my Sunday School, everyone is in a clique, except me! I wish somebody would actually talk to me, but nobody did. When I sat next to a girl I was trying to be friends with, an other girl from "The Clique" told me to move:(. So branch out, but you can still stay friends with your old friends. Give her time, her schedule is busy. Trust me, I know a lot about busy schedules.
Back to top Go down
Sasha23
Basic
Basic
Sasha23

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime9/5/2008, 9:19 pm

I have branched out. Believe me, but is it really ok to branch out? I'm afraid that I'm not going to get good friendships that way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing a friend...how to cope?   Losing a friend...how to cope? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing a friend...how to cope?
Page 1 of 1