Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)

Go down 
+4
Sasha23
Lily
April
Lydia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Empty
PostSubject: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 11:33 am

I need help with some of my sisters. They're 5 and 7 years older then me and are really mean to me. When I stand up for myself they just make fun of me. They always pick on me and make fun of me. When we go somewhere as a family I always have to sit in the back seat (like the 3rd row) with 0 leg room and milk shake spilled on it, even when there is room in one of the front seats (like the middle row in 3 rows) they just don't want me to sit next to them. Since standing up for myself doesn't work I asked my mom to stand up for me and they just said "Mom, let her stand up for herself. She doesn't need your help. Gosh mom." I've told them that I don't like it when they treat me like that but they just call me names. And whenever I'm sad or scared they say "Lydia burst into tears!" or something like that and call me a crybaby even when I don't cry. And they tell exagerated stories about me to their friends. Like they said I colored on the cat when it was my oldeset sister who did it just to get me in trouble. Any help?

Last edited by Lydia on 9/2/2008, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
April
Basic
Basic
April

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 5:29 pm

well, Talk to your parents. Both of them. Tell them exactly what you posted here. Tell them that you really hate being treated this way and it is unfair. Then, ask your parents to arrange a family talk with everyone, including you and your sisters and anyone else that may be living in your house. I'm sure your sisters have a side of the story they could share. Try to make a family compromise [like taking turns sitting in the front of the car. Certain days of the week mean a certain person.] But make sure that your parents are involved and make sure they know how you feel. That is important. They can defenetly help you.

~April
Back to top Go down
Lily
Founder
Founder
Lily

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 5:54 pm

Yes, you need to make sure your parents understand that it is not a small thing. You need to let them know that it is really something you can't deal with on your own. A family meeting would be a great way to get all feelings out in the open.

As cheesy as a "talking stick" is, it works. Have a designated item at the family meeting that is considered the "talking stick" and have a rule that ONLY the person with it can talk at the time. Pass the stick around giving everyone a chance to talk.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://girlsworld.forummotion.com
April
Basic
Basic
April

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 5:58 pm

Lily wrote:
Yes, you need to make sure your parents understand that it is not a small thing. You need to let them know that it is really something you can't deal with on your own. A family meeting would be a great way to get all feelings out in the open.

As cheesy as a "talking stick" is, it works. Have a designated item at the family meeting that is considered the "talking stick" and have a rule that ONLY the person with it can talk at the time. Pass the stick around giving everyone a chance to talk.

Good luck.

great idea! Then no one will interrupt the other with "No I did not!" And "that's a lie!" and start a fight!

~April
Back to top Go down
Lily
Founder
Founder
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 6:03 pm

Exactly, April. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sasha23
Basic
Basic
Sasha23

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 6:23 pm

I think having a family meeting is a great idea. Also, maybe talk to your friends or a school conselor if your family continues to not listen to you. Also, It's ok that the post is really long!
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 8:11 pm

Sasha23 wrote:
I think having a family meeting is a great idea. Also, maybe talk to your friends or a school conselor if your family continues to not listen to you. Also, It's ok that the post is really long!
I'm home schooled. Besides that, thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
Polka<3

Polka<3

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 8:20 pm

I have a mean sister too. But maybe you should have a family meeting. sunny
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 8:21 pm

Maybe
Back to top Go down
*Rose*
Basic
Basic
*Rose*

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 8:57 pm

Lydia wrote:
I need help with some of my sisters. They're 5 and 7 years older then me and are really mean to me. When I stand up for myself they just make fun of me. They always pick on me and make fun of me. When we go somewhere as a family I always have to sit in the back seat (like the 3rd row) with 0 leg room and milk shake spilled on it, even when there is room in one of the front seats (like the middle row in 3 rows) they just don't want me to sit next to them. Since standing up for myself doesn't work I asked my mom to stand up for me and they just said "Mom, let her stand up for herself. She doesn't need your help. Gosh mom." I've told them that I don't like it when they treat me like that but they just call me names. And whenever I'm sad or scared they say "Lydia burst into tears!" or something like that and call me a crybaby even when I don't cry. And they tell exagerated stories about me to their friends. Like they said I colored on the cat when it was my oldeset sister who did it just to get me in trouble. Any help?

Oh My, I'm so happy to answer this! I have 2 older brothers who did the EXACT same thing. Now they moved out to college and I miss them soooo much. They are actually 5 and 7 years older than me too. So i can totally relate. I know they seem like they are as annoying as anything But trust me treasure them well you have them. I miss them soooo much. And I know it may sound stupid but they only do that to tease you because they love you (honestly you dont have to believe that because i didnt at your age either). But, trust me they totally are the best people and when you get older you will treasure them. I mean right before my youngest of my older brothers left he said to me "Rose, if anyone ever hurts you just tell me and trust me i will fly down to help you anytime." It was the best moment of my life. I'm closer to my 19 year old brother because i have been with him so much longer than my 21 year old one. With that, I tell you to trust me they are only mean cause they love you, they will stop sooner or later.
Best advice I have is dont let it bother you (cause they only do it to see your reaction).

*Rose*
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 9:02 pm

*Rose*, thankyou. You're advice is probably the best!
Back to top Go down
*Rose*
Basic
Basic
*Rose*

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 9:34 pm

Lydia wrote:
*Rose*, thankyou. You're advice is probably the best!

I'm Glad I could help, I hope it works out for you. =] If you ever need anymore advice feel free to PM me (that goes for anyone). I'm good wit keeping with keeping things secret. I am so excited school is starting again! My newspaper club needs me to start it up again and that means a brand new advice colum! =]

*Rose*
Back to top Go down
April
Basic
Basic
April

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 9:38 pm

Trust her, she's good at advice and secrets [rose]. She was literally a therapist at school last year lol.

~April
Back to top Go down
Sasha23
Basic
Basic
Sasha23

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/2/2008, 11:39 pm

Lydia wrote:
Sasha23 wrote:
I'm home schooled. Besides that, thanks for the advice!

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe a close family friend that's an adult instead?
Back to top Go down
tara12345
Basic
Basic
tara12345

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 6:39 pm

yes, i think a family metting is gerat, well mabye with out ur sister, so they dont lie and say what ur saying is rong, so i guess that would be more of a mom, dad and u metting, any way,i hope u get this fugerd out, i have a yonger sister, who i get pretty anoyed with!!!!!
she hurts me and lies about me and always gets me in trouble, so i just ingone her most of the time, but any way, i hope u can works this out
SmileSmile

Last edited by tara12345 on 9/7/2008, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lily
Founder
Founder
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 6:45 pm

With family meetings though, everyone must be there. That is the point of it in the first place. With a "talking stick" though, only one person can talk at a time.
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Basic
Basic
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/4/2008, 2:49 pm

tara12345 wrote:
i have a yonger sister, who i HATE!!!!!
SmileSmile
Hate? Isn't that a little extreme? They always say I'm a tattle tale/tail (Idk what one it is) when I kept my sis' peicring a secret when they told right away that I said the word "butt".
Back to top Go down
wifan
Basic Plus
Basic Plus

Number of posts : 465

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime9/6/2008, 8:52 pm

Try talking to your parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)   Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mean sisters. (Sorry the post is long)
Page 1 of 1